Saturday 14 December 2013

Final Short Film Poster - A Vida Doce

Final Poster (English)
After fully completely the English film poster for my short, I felt the need to create another film poster with the exact style however instead of being in English I would make it Portuguese. As the short itself is in Portuguese language it seems understandable that I would also create a film poster to represent the film in Portuguese.

 Film Poster (Portuguese)
Simple,classic and beautiful is what I was aiming for and I think I have achieved it! I found that my feedback from previous drafts were probably the most useful piece of information I could acquire. I worked on the feedback which basically lead the film poster to hold all conventions of a stereotypical poster. I can actually say that I am so proud of myself for creating such a poster and I can not say it any simpler, feedback is key to a successful poster.

Audience Review/Feedback
I wanted to acquire a board feedback so I asked some friends from around the globe. This meant that I would be reaching audiences from other countries and also meant that I wasn't going to get feedback from just British Citizens.

Marcus/Canada/23
                The film poster features a gentleman taking a picture of a beautiful sunset over a calm ocean. It is a fitting image for the movie, in that it is a happy moment being captured as a memory, however I think it could have been shown at a different angle in the same setting, and perhaps show more than one person enjoying the sunset, as the film has a family-oriented meaning. The newly-wedded couple would have been ideal for this! The poster does have a professional feel to it, in that the poster’s viewers have an easy time understanding and getting a general feel of what the film might entail. The text is appropriately placed and does not interrupt the main image.


Rachel/America/26
As an advertisement for the short film, A Vida Doce, this poster effectively conveys both the tone and subject matter in a concise yet attractive and stylistic way. The saturated colors are inviting and also suggestive of the warm ambience pervading the film’s atmosphere. The silhouetted photographer oriented to the left hints at the perspective from which the film was composed, without interfering with what we understand to be the film’s subject matter. The darkness of the figure suggests anonymity, and implies the universal qualities of the film’s message. The subtitle referring to the nature of happiness is a clever grab, and while it hints at  the film’s content, it does not betray any of the endearing moments the film itself has to offer.

Isha/UK/17
I think that this poster is really nicely done. A great job right here, a lot of beautiful colors and I feel gentle just looking at it. I really like that it comes in both Portuguese and English. It shows the cultural side of the movie.I feel like the poster really brings out the message of the video, too, like how happiness can be found in stopping to enjoy something simple like a sunset.I also love how the sweeping text for the title looks like what you might find on like a box of chocolates, so when we start the film it's almost like unwrapping something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment