Thursday 5 December 2013

2nd Draft - Film Review DPS


SELF-FEEDBACK

Quality
Almost instantly I can already see a major issue which I only just realized - the upload quality. For some reason when I uploaded the film review to issuu. I uploaded the file again however this problem continued to happen, the PDF looked in perfect quality when I viewed the file. I then took to good and researched the problem and made sure that the quality was at its best. I learn't that I should also double check anything I do whether its an essay or a product I should always proof check. 

Image Layout
Also looking at the film article as a whole I feel that the main screen grab is a bit obnoxious and I am just covering up an easy chance to add more images to represent the short - I think that if I used another similar screen grab the magazine would look more interesting. Also the way the article is laid out is a current issue of mine. Yet again I feel that I wasted room by adding such a huge picture during the article. I could have simply added two separate images and maybe pull in a quote like I previously done - these would grab the readers attention.

Film Poster Section
On the bottom right of the double page spread I have connected the film poster to the article which gives the whole product a sense of realism. The only problem is that right now it looks like I ran out of article so to cover it up I placed the film poster there which is not the reason. I need to add text to fill the space on top/below the film poster image, maybe some information about the creators of the film - like a synopsis.

Professional Look
Ultimately I feel that the article holds professional elements but in some parts it seems like I have placed stuff just to fill up space and I also have added many sub-headings for the images so right now they just look like a randomly placed image. I also forgot to label an age rating for the film in clear view of the reader, it would be a good idea if I could include it someone at the beginning of the article. Also some of the images look a bit bland and could do with a little touch up on Photoshop.

I feel that its the best thing for me to give myself feedback because I can work on the skill of self criticism which I learnt from A2 Media Studies. The way I do this is that I pretend I am analyzing someone else's work as I have noticed through my class that most students are careless about feedback to others and will say their opinion however they are very easy to defend their own work due to the heaps about of effort gone into the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment