Monday 16 December 2013

Final Short Film - A Vida Doce

Short Film Final

Vimeo Upload

 
YouTube Upload


Title - A Vida Doce/The Sweet Life
Written & Created - Johnny Fonseca
Narrator - Carlos Fonseca
Target Audience - PG
Length - minutes 18 seconds 
Music - Andrea Guerra - Welcome Chris (The Pursuit of Happyness)

Here is the final outcome for my short film, overall the short took around 10+ hours to create and that's not including learning how to use the software. Overall the short came out perfectly, if not even better than I expected. I was always a little worried about the narrative but in the end, I feel that the audio turned out crisp and clear. I really wanted this short to hold a message within about family and so far I feel it has connect to a lot of my family members, I shared the final copy of the short to a family member and it got spread over Facebook and I didn't even post it up myself! I received so many comments from members of the family explaining their thoughts on the film and they all loved the film and each person received the message. From this another problem arise when I thought maybe other people who aren't in my family won't like get the same feeling about the short, and this is right but it's not a bad feeling, it's just audiences outside of my family think about their own family instead of my own! Everyone interprets this film completely different however everyone receives the message. I created a survey to also get further feedback on the short.I first uploaded the short to YouTube as my video was too big to upload to a basic account of Vimeo, after I used the schools Vimeo account to upload the short. I wanted to put the short on both platforms as I feel target a different audience in a sense of YouTube being for everyone and Vimeo being used by professionals and the industry.

Audience Feedback

Emma/17/UK
I feel that this short film is very creative which makes it enjoyable to watch. The use of non diegetic and diegetic sound allows us as the audience to experience the feel of Portugal and the activities occuring. The voice over and translation is unique and give the short film an extra edge to it. The bright colours used also give off a happy feeling which makes me too feel positive and in a good mood. Overral I think this short film is really well edited and has a range of great camera shots, angles and also beautiful settings.

Alex/20/UK
This film touched me dearly as it reminded me of my own family experiences and how it felt to be a part of one. The whole way it was laid out and the time, it wasn’t too long as it was just the right length. I loved the vibrant colours and song which was chosen in the background as it made me feel happy and brand so many memories to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment