Tuesday 5 November 2013

Proposal for Short Film

Title - ???
Length - 5/6 minutes
Narrative - Carlos Fonseca
Target Audience - PG
Music - Andrea Guerra - Welcome Chris (The Pursuit of Happyness)

Synopsis:
A digital storytelling documentary about family. A short documenting the lifestyle and culture of Portugal and and see Portuguese family's in action through my eyes. Do we take family for granted? Are we just being greedy? What does family mean to you?

Editing:
The will will not include crazy SGI and effect created with Adobe After Effects, this short will be simple and beautiful. Simple transitions like fade in/outs both black and whites, Cross dissolves and quick cuts. I want the audience to focus more on the narrative and footage more than them getting distracted by crazy transitions. Simple and Beautiful!

Audio:
Portuguese narrative mixed with English subtitles, I felt this would really create the mood and meaning for the short. By using another language and forcing the English audience to read the narrative makes them more focuses and aware of the content instead of them just watching the footage them will understand the message and meaning within them. The narrative will be mixed with a beautiful backing track by Andrea Guerra. Simple orchestra which really combine's with the footage and gives a meaning to the short itself.

Target Audience:
I wanted my short to be viewed by everyone, it's a simple message for every (Cherish your family). However the content could be a bit deep for a younger audience so it really then depends on how mature the person who is viewing the film. I made the age rating for this short as a PG as there is scenes which feature alcohol and smoking.

Length:
With all my footage I knew I could easily made a 10+ minute short, but in my opinion I wanted my short to be quick and easy, you didn't have to watch it from the beginning to understand, you just had to focus. Instead I feel my short will go around the 5 minute mark, however saying that means I will have to find the best footage through all the 350+ clips and only use those which really stand out. But I know there will be loads of clips that I love so I have a plan to use multiple shots in a space of 30 seconds.

Title:
For the short title I am still undecided so I will be doing a post brainstorming different titles and I will begin to choose one before editing my short. The title will need to summarize the film in a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment