Monday 18 November 2013

Sketch Draft of Film Review DPS


FEEDBACK

Tony/UK/30
This plan for a double page spread seems really interesting! As a fond reader of film reviews I can tell that there is a different feel and aspect of this layout. Saying that I feel as if this full bleed look is working, my eyes don't know where to start and I just feel really overwhelmed by the spread. I also feel that you shouldn't have the film title on top of the image as it might ruin that clean look as you are overlaying a big part of the page which is the main image. Also maybe add the page title outside the boarder so that the page is not full bleed and more professional.

Ciara/Spain/17
With this layout I am able to work out that it has a huge comparison between text and image, its 50/50. I feel that it's best to choose down a root where the readers of the magazine prefer a more text driven spread than a image one - using too many big images looks tacky. Maybe include smaller imaged throughout the article with a few subtitles. Also have you thought about including your film poster anywhere to illustrate that this is a successful short with the whole package.

SELF FEEDBACK

I specifically chose two friends who I knew would be brutally honest with their feedback and, I know that they were talking about my work in my best interest. I think that my problem with this sketch is that I thought about making it too playful and I forgot about my main target audience which are 16+, these reviews need to be more professional and more review heavy as that's what their reading the spread for - to know what my short is about and if its worth watching. For the images I am going to have to find and choose screen grabs/photographs which best describe the short in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment