Sunday 10 November 2013

Practice Task

I felt that before beginning my short film I should practice my Adobe After Effect skills and try to get my head around colour correcting and the way the software is laid out. I basically collected all the footage of my brothers wedding a created a mini wedding video for them in a perspective of a guest. The soundtracks used were two songs which meant something to the bride and groom and for me that was sort of the icing on the cake, there was meaning and depth in the video. Once I showed them the video they both loved it and were happy I was able to upload it to YouTube so they could post it on Facebook and all their friends could see. After watching the final video I noticed some colour correction errors which I will have to work on when editing my short film, as well as this I also noticed that the wide screen bars might be a bit too big and they are cutting too much detail in the film. Lastly even with the colour correction I know I rushed them as I wanted to show them the video as soon as possible and from this I can see how badly the colour correction has been done and I now know that colour correcting will take time and I will need to learn to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment