Friday 25 October 2013

Planning for Article

Design
Before creating my article I needed to prepare myself and actually know what I was going to create before even opening the software. First I went back to my magazine analysis post and refreshed my mind with the different designs, from this I began flicking through magazines and saving double page spreads which stood out to me, one that really caught my eye was one from Sight&Sound, the DPS was reviewing the movie Argo. In my case I was looking for at the design more than the content itself. With there simple colour scheme of dark blue, grey, white and black mixed with a simplistic page layout worked perfectly in my eyes, this was the sort of look I wanted for my short film DPS magazine review. The only problem this DPS was for me was the lack of visuals, this could be that i'm a personally a more visual driven person, saying this means that I will be using more than just two images and one pull quote, I feel these are what engage the read and are eye catchers when flicking through magazines! I also like the way that this spread includes a credits and synopsis part and I feel that even though my short film wont have as many credits it will still be an interesting section to have on a DPS. The type of fonts which will be used are probably ones which are going to be used for my film poster as well, I want to try and keep a reoccurring theme through all my pieces. This spread will include fonts such as Times New Roman, Century Gothic, Scriptina and lastly Helvetica CE 35 Thin. I will be using the same sort of layout as this spread however include two images in the top half instead of the one, this is mainly because I am worried that I haven't written enough for the review for it to cover as much space as this spread has.

Sight&Sound - Argo DPS


Stuff to include:
-Images from Short Film
-Pull Quotes
-Captions for images
-Synopsis of short
-Credits from short
-Page number,magazine and date
-Type of page e.g. SHORT OF THE WEEK

Written Article

No comments:

Post a Comment