Monday 28 October 2013

Film Poster Plan

My overall theme I am trying to acquire for my poster is simple, clean and beautiful. I firstly did the exact thing I did for my film article plan, I went back into my blog and re-read the post on my analysis of posters, however instead of moving on and beginning to look into magazine, I feel in love with this design for the film "the kid with a bike". It followed a simple colour scheme of white, black, red which contrasted well with the picture in the background who was wearing a red t-shirt.

Anyway before even starting I went through all my holiday photographs and luckily enough I found a perfect photograph which I took both in portrait and landscape! So I already knew what background image I was going to use. For this photograph I really feel a simple plain white would contrast perfectly with the image. I will also include these aspects to my film poster:


-Reviews
I will use a variation from newspapers, magazines and famous people in the industry, like a cinematography critic.
-Title
Depending on the title I am hoping to go for a text which a swish to it, something along the lines of Scriptina. It gives the poster a classic side to it. 
-Tag Line
Quick and easy line to drag the audience in.
-Billing Board
This is very common and its now a convention so I will have to include one, however instead of using fake information all information will be true to the short film itself.
-Age Rating
This is needed as its now a convention.
-Awards
This information is ofcourse fake, however by including this it gives the film a sense of realism and that if audiences saw it won an award they will be more likely to go watch it.
-Social Media
For those who want to know more about the film/stay connected
-Background Image

No comments:

Post a Comment