Saturday 14 September 2013

Visual progression / image systems in my Short Film

Visual progression is an important thought to consider when creating a short film as it helps the video to grow rather than staying static. This ensures that the video is visually interesting and will keep the audience entertained. In my case I will be doing digital storytelling type short film about the importance of family.

In my short film I hope to use my family as the visual progression. For me they are my family however to everyone else they are just a group of Portuguese people/a community. At the beginning of my short I hope to illustrate multiple shots of families and basically introduce them to the audience as strangers through the short more and more family clips will array slowly for example a family party full of dance, music and happiness. Throughout the short the audience begin to understand who these people are and they actually work out that the faces are all reoccurring - its a reoccurring family. Instead of the family being a complete stranger to the audience, by watching the short towards the end they gain a personal feel to the family even if they haven't met them/known them. There will be multiple other little image systems throughout the short film such as musical instruments which will always appear in shots and also the overall party scene in general with a bunch of family and friends. My short film shows visual progression through the use of the setting and editing. As the locations change and progress the audience can feel the emotions changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment